Thursday, October 20, 2011

Not fitting in. . .

Do you ever feel like you just don't fit in???  I try my hardest not to let things bother me, but there are times I just feel like an outsider in my life.  I try to please people and make everyone happy.  I like to be included in things but sometimes I'm not.  I know I do not need to look for approval from others but I do.  I look for my parents approval but struggle at times to feel I fit in my own family.  I look for my friends approval, my co-workers, people I go to church with, and the list goes on and on.  I feel the enemy trying to defeat me all the time because I can never live up to my own expectations of who I should be.  I know I will not at times be asked to be a part of certain things even though sometimes it hurts.  I have got to realize that the only one I need to strive to please is God.  I know I may struggle with this but I am going to let Him feel me with peace and pray the enemy away so I do not doubt myself because I know I do fit in with God.  He loves me more than anyone else.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Samatha! I think this is something we all struggle with. I've felt this way more times than I care to remember. I'll pray for God to give you peace over this situation. Also, I wanted to tell you that you sing so well. I thought you did a fantastic job in the praise service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    as a Pastor's wife i know about 'Not Fitting In'.. there have been all types of situations that made me feel that way, and along with that can bring discouragement. Then when we are discouraged the enemy throws all types of things our way to make us feel even worse.
    So we have to get ourself together and remember why we do what we do.
    We have to know where our Joy, Happiness, Comfort, Peace comes from, and it is NOT from trying to win the approval of others, or "Fitting In" somewhere.
    It comes only from our Heavenly Father!

    We all 'fit in' with HIM and that's all that matters.

    Just know that you and your family are a blessing!.. and you fit in fine by ME :D

    love ya
    Rita

    ReplyDelete