Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm Still Here.....

I know it has been quite some time since I have posted.  Life is crazy and to be honest I have been struggling through it lately, literally.  I have had a hard battle with anxiety lately but trusting in my God is getting me through it.  I have even had a couple panic attacks which is very scary.  I had one at church one night but have tried to keep going on.  I have been blessed with people encouraging me and lifting me up in prayer.  Yes, I went to the doctor but if you know me, I refuse to take any kind of medication for this.  I will take a little something for a panic attack but just on rare occasion.  I am not against medication, I just do not like anything in my body that I do not know what it could do to me.  I tend to be more sensitive than some so I am just trying to focus on the positive and try not to worry so much (very hard for me).  I am also trying to get more exercise.  Right now I need to go do Zumba on the Wii but I am too tired tonight.  Michael worked all weekend and he is gone tonight skiing at Beech Mountain with his platoon from work so I have been a single mom for the last 4 nights and I am pooped.

I have to admit, the trial with the anxiety has not been all bad.  God has revealed so much to me lately about myself.  He has revealed some hard feelings that I have been harboring in my heart towards others and He has showed me that He is in control and that I MUST depend on Him.  God is so good and I am thankful for a sweet, supportive husband and wonderful children that love me even when I feel like I am going crazy sometimes.  I know that this too shall pass and I will be better for it.

Well, I will try to keep up a little better on this blog.  I do have to tell you something funny.  M, E and myself were watching the news about the upcoming election and E was asking who I would vote for and M spoke up and said he was voting for Billy Graham!!  I think he has a good idea, what do you think?
Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I am with M on Billy Graham!! How cute!!
    Keeping you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Samatha! I struggle with anxiety too, and having asthma this winter has made me panic on more than one occassion. I admire you so much for stepping up to single parenthood as Michael has strange working hours. His being a trooper alone would be enough to make anyone worry! Hang in there! I'll be praying for you! (By the way, I'd vote for Billy Graham! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete