Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Catch Up Time!

OK, to say I have been too busy to post lately is an understatement but I want to post about all that has been going on since the last post.

First off, me and the kids went to our church's children's camp this year.  I went as a counselor and this was the first year M got to go.  He is actually still too young but the leaders were very understanding and let him come along because Michael was working and I didn't want to leave him with anyone else since we had just been in Vegas 2 weeks before.
He had so much fun!  I think he fit right in and didn't have a clue that he was younger than everyone else.

I was blessed to get to be in E's group this year.  She had so much fun but I had a great time being with her and seeing her learning about Love.  I came across some notes she took during one of our sessions the other day and it just made me so happy to see her heart taking in what was being said.
E and her cousin G canoeing at camp.
So, the next weekend, I guess we had not actually "camped" so some of our friends from church all got together and camped on the lake.  I have to say I have never tent camped before but it wasn't too bad.  We had alot of fun talking and hanging out with everyone and "jug fishing".
Our little home on "survivor island"
It was an island, in the middle of the lake.  I was very nervous about the whole "bathroom" issue cause I am not an outdoorsy girl.  I like outdoors but I also like my mattress, air conditioning and bathroom. Ha! Thanks to the guidance of our trusty friend Tina, and her leg to use as our handicap rail we survived, didn't we Mandy?!! 

Michael loving camping and eating a yummy breakfast!
All the kids having fun in the lake.
Ok, I told you we have been busy!  So the next weekend we went to the beach with my family to move my little brother to college.  We left a day before everyone else though and enjoyed a day on the beach.
I love the beach!  Fortunately, when we go to the beach we always stay at my great aunts beach house.  It is so nice to just go down and hang out. Love it!  But check out this pic!
Do you see it?  There was a storm out off of the beach and it was sunny on the beach but you could see this storm and all of a sudden a waterspout formed!  It was pretty cool to see and it actually got a little bigger before it went away.

While we were at the beach, we met some friends of our family that we used to go to church with until they moved to Wilmington.  It was so good to see them!
Then, Saturday came.  The day to move Tyler to college.  Broke my heart!  He was born the day after my 15th birthday so I have kind of mothered him his whole life.  He is such an awesome person and I know God has great plans for him.
Both the kids had their UNCW shirts on.  Saying goodbye was hard and I didn't let him see me cry.  I walked to the truck crying but he never saw me.  After we left the college, me, Michael and the kids went to the USS North Carolina Battleship.
We had alot of fun!  It was unbearably hot though but one cool thing we found was a list of people who served on the ship from our area.  We were real surprised to find Michael's great uncles name on the list.
Pretty cool!  

Well, that pretty much sums up the rest of our summer.  Told you we have been busy.  Will post about all our school activities soon.  We had an extremely busy summer but a good one with tons of memories.  I think next summer though, we are going to slow it down a notch.  Hope you all had a great summer!  I am so ready for Fall!  My favorite season!




No comments:

Post a Comment