Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Summary of our December......

I know I have  not really posted much lately.  Blogging is just not a high priority on my list right now.  I think about things I want to put on here but when you work almost full-time, have activities with the kids and dealing with Michael's schedule, I do good to get to post anything.  Our December, like everyone else's, was busy.  Here is just a summary of what has been going on:

E and I ran our first 5K together with the Girls on the Run program at her school.

Me and E after our 5K.
E and all of her best friends.  These girls stick together.
We had alot of fun and I really enjoyed running.  Thanks to the advice from my running experts, Deidre & Rita, I was able to train with the couch to 5K program and survived the 5K.  I have actually found that this is something that me and E enjoy so we are trying to keep it up.

The whole month we tried to spend as much time as possible with Michael's brothers family because they were moving to northern Virginia at the end of December.  They are 5 hours away!  We have only been 15 minutes away since forever ago.  It has been hard and I have wrestled some very strong emotions with this whole move.  I can't really express my true feelings but I have had to talk to God alot about my attitude with the whole situation.
E, C, M & G on their last night in NC.
S & R went home for their last night.
The kids both had their Christmas plays at church and I was so very proud of them both.  M spoke his part without hesitation and E sang a solo and did sign language for another song.  M also had his Christmas program at his preschool. 

M also turned 5 this month!!!
M with his preschool class having birthday party.
I can't believe kindergarten is right around the corner!  On M's birthday, I took off work and wore my super mom cape that day.  After we dropped E off at school, we ran to Krispy Kreme to get doughnuts for his class.  We had a little party with his friends at school.  After the party, I left him to have fun at school and went back to E's school to do a holiday craft with her class.  After we were done, I got her out of school early and we met her Grandma Barbara, Mason & the cousins at Pin Station for another little birthday party.  They had fun bowling and playing games!
M opening gifts at the bowling alley.
Of course, we also had Christmas parties and get togethers.  I will post next about our Christmas weekend.  I haven't uploaded my pictures yet (little behind huh?).  Well, I'll post about that soon.  I learned something that weekend that hit so close to home.  Something we all take for granted.  More coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment