Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sprinklers and Space Women.....

Thursday was M's last day of school.  I can't believe the school year is already over for him and will soon be for E also.  Being the last day of school, M had a little party to celebrate and what better way than homemade ice cream and fun running in the sprinklers with your friends.
Fortunately, Michael was off of work so he was able to celebrate with M at his party!
Also, on Thursday night, E had her 2nd grade program.  It was an American Patriotic program.  It was very good.  E's class did a report earlier in the year about an American Hero.  She chose Christa McAuliffe, the teacher in the Space Shuttle Challenger.  At the program they dressed up as the hero they did their report on.
She looked so cute in her outfit I found her online. It may be used as a Halloween costume for one of the kids one day.

This weekend we are adjusting to Michael being back on patrol.  He hasn't worked at weekend in 6 weeks and we enjoyed having him home.  We have alot going on so the weekend will go by quick then we are all off on Monday! Yay!!!!!  So ready to have a day off!  I have been cleaning all day and trying to get laundry caught up so Monday we can hang out by the pool all day until E has dance that night.

Speaking of E, we took her back to the doctor yesterday about her back.  She injured it 2 years ago when she fell very hard on a surfboard at the beach.  We had to come home early.  We have taken her to her family doctor and to an orthopedic twice.  Everybody just says she fell so hard that she bruised the bone severely and it will just take time to heal but 2 years later she still has times where she can barely walk and is in such pain that she will take ibuprofen non-stop for a week to handle the pain.  There are nights I only get a few hours sleep because of her waking up screaming from the pain.  I would do anything to take that pain from her.  So back to taking her to the doctor.  I took her yesterday and told the doctor how frustrated I was getting cause everyone just says it will take time but the mom in me thinks what if they are not seeing something.  I thought about taking her to a chiropractor but the doctor frowned on that so he is sending us to Baptist to see a pediatric orthopedic.  I don't know if they will tell us anything different but I feel we need to go to just know for sure that what she is experiencing is going to be OK.  I feel the doctor was just passing me along because I am frustrated but I want to make it better.  I hope it is nothing to worry about.  Just pray that they will know what is wrong and help us do what we need to do to help her cope and handle with this pain and hopefully alleviate the pain.

Well, gotta finish cleaning.  So close to being done.  Can't sit down till it is done!  I just love it when my house is in order. (It doesn't happen that often!)

No comments:

Post a Comment