Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Thankful List (a few days late)

I am so blessed and have lots to be thankful for.  I haven't had time to post lately because I have been sick and have felt plain out lousy but I want to declare what I am thankful for.

1. I am thankful for my salvation.  I have to admit that lately I have been battling spiritual warfare and doubting my salvation.  I know that I was saved at the age of 8 on a swing at my parents house.  My associate pastor at the time came and led me to the Lord.  I remember to this day my heart beating out of my chest and asking Jesus into my heart.  There are times I question myself though because I hear other testimonies where people were rescued from so much sin in their life and situations but I grew up knowing the Lord.  I was rescued from bad stuff too, I just never had to experience it, Praise God!  I am thankful. I do have a testimony.

2.  I am thankful for my beautiful family.
I am so blessed with a wonderful, loving husband who is the absolute best daddy in the whole world and the best children you could ask for.

3.  I am thankful for my parents and my brothers and soon to be sis-in law.

4.  I am thankful for my in-laws.  I have the absolutely best mother-in-law.  She helps us out so much and she loves to spend as much time as she can with our kids.  I also love my 3 nieces and 1 nephew so much.  They are moving to Virginia so I am sad but desperate to spend as much time with them as I can.

5.  I am thankful for all of my extended family.  My aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, etc.  I am blessed with a wonderful family.

6.  I am thankful for my best friend Mandy.  We have been through so much together.  It is so nice to have someone you can depend on.  We have been friends since high school and I am so blessed to have her friendship.

7.  I am thankful for my church.  I love to go to my church!  It is about a 30 minute drive but it is so worth it.  God is at our church and I am so grateful that the Lord led us to WGBC.  I have made so many wonderful friends and I am thankful for everyone.

8.  I am thankful for our jobs.  Michael works alot of hours but he absolutely loves what he does.  His job is a calling from God.  When he went to school for this we figured he would have a job right after graduation.  No, it didn't work that way.  We prayed for 2 and 1/2 years for his job.  God placed him there in his timing and his timing has been perfect.  God has blessed him greatly!
I am thankful for my job also.  I have a job that I enjoy doing.  My boss has trusted me with lots of responsibility and she works with my schedule with the kids and Michael's schedule which is such a great benefit for me.  I am blessed to work with some great people also.

9.  I am thankful for my home and our farm.  We are so blessed.  If I could only tell you the story of how God has blessed us here, you would not believe all that He has done.  I love where we live.  This is not just a house but this is our home.

10.  I am thankful for my children's schools.  E goes to a wonderful elementary school and is blessed to have Michael's aunt as a teacher this year.  It is such a good thing because we do not see this side of the family often.  M is in CMO 1/2 day program this year and loves it.  I love being able to pick him up a couple days a week and spending time with him.  I know time is flying by and he will be in kindergarten next year.  Trying to hang on and enjoy every minute while I can.

I am blessed in so many more ways but this is just a few of the many things I am thankful for and I am thankful for you, who read this blog!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful list!! You are so blessed!! We love & appreciate you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list too! Girl--you have an ideal testimony! God certainly delivered you from many of the painful heartache the world could offer you! That's something to be very thankful for!

    ReplyDelete