Monday, September 6, 2010

Today was a GREAT day!

I really do not like to miss being at my church on Sunday's or Wednesday's either but especially Sunday mornings.  We are blessed to be a part of a wonderful SPIRIT LED and SPIRIT FILLED church and I love it but this morning we didn't go.  We did though go to my parents church to hear a very special person speak.  Keith was the pastor at my old church for many years and during the majority of those years I was a teenager.  Because of the size of our church at that time he also led the youth and made an enormous impact on my life and many others.  (For those of you who work with youth, just know that your impact on the lives of those teenagers will go further than just during their stay in youth.  It will stay with them for a lifetime.)

Keith, his precious wife Gayle and 2 of their 3 sons came up this weekend to perform a wedding and he was asked to stay and preach this morning.  Now Keith and Gayle left to go to serve the Lord in Georgia 12 years ago.  He married me and Michael and about 9 months later God called him elsewhere.  We have seen him and Gayle a few times since then but I haven't heard him preach in over 5 years when he came up for a special homecoming so I had to go hear him today.  I am glad I did.  It was so good to hear him preach and he had an awesome sermon out of John 5.

Keith, me and Michael at my parents house
Ben, Gayle, Keith and Jacob
After church service, Keith and his family and a couple other families came to lunch at my parents house.  We had a great time catching up.  Michael worked this weekend but he woke up early to come see Keith's family before they left to go back to Georgia.  It was great to see them and I hope they come visit again soon! I love you all!  Keith, you were a very important part of my life and I will never forget what you taught me and showed me by your walk with the Lord.  Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear the excitement in you about your faith. Good pictures of you all and Keith's family. He's not changed much since he would come to Bible Club meeting at Foard.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete