Friday, October 29, 2010

Stormy Nights

The past couple of nights, we have had some very stormy weather here!  I have to admit.  I am a BIG chicken when it comes to storms.  I don't like them at all.  I thought I was doing better this summer but these storms were big ones and I was scared.  I think what made me more scared was the fact that Michael was working and the power went out just when the weather man said something along the lines of ... Tornados heading my way!!!!  I was terrified!  The kids were upset because we couldn't see and I was trying to guide them by the light of my cell phone to the basement.  Michael was texting and calling me and I was in a panic.  We got downstairs and sat and prayed till the storm passed.  Fortunately, we were skirted by the storm.  Once we went upstairs, we got flashlights and sat upstairs talking to family and friends on the phone about what was going on because they still had power.  Thankfully my mother-in-law came to the rescue!  I am so grateful.  If I have another adult there, for some reason I feel more at ease.  We all settled down and I finally got in touch with the power company.  Our power was on shortly after reaching them.  The night continued to be stormy and Michael told me to move things to the den in the basement and sleep downstairs.  We moved a mattress in the floor and laid and watched the weather alerts while the storms went through.
Getting ready to have a sleepover during the storm
After we got everything moved in for the night my mother-in-law took off to go to her house.  As we were walking her out we noticed one of Michael's co-workers came by to check on us since Michael wasn't able to.  Everything calmed down and we found out schools were on a 2 hour delay so we slept in a little.  It was an exciting night!  So thankful for God's protection and we are praying for those whose homes were destroyed by the storm.  The storms came up so fast!  It made you realize how quickly life can change!  It makes you appreciate each other alot more!  Thank you Barbara for your help!  It helped us out so much!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment