Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Little Farmers!

This weekend Michael was working so I was by myself.  It seemed harder this weekend for some reason.  I don't know if I just get frustrated too quickly or if it is the constant whining and bickering that made it rough.  Anyways, I know it sounds weird but I am glad the weekend is over. That means Michael will have an easier schedule this week and will be off more.  Sometimes it is no problem but other times it is real hard.

The kids and me did run errands and we went to a bonfire last night at my parents which was alot of fun.  Today we went to church and had a great service.  We went to my parents for lunch and then went home for a little bit before I had to take the kids back to my parents house because I had a meeting for work I needed to go to.

While we were home, we were surprised by a combine that was cutting the soybeans in our fields.  The kids were so excited.  Michael went out to talk to Jerry, he plants some of his crops on our land, and he asked if the kids wanted to ride in the combine.  You better believe it!  They rode and rode on the combine.  I didn't think I was going to get them off the combine to go to my meeting but they finished cutting the beans and came home.  They loved it!



As I watched them going through the fields, I looked around and had to thank God for all He has blessed us with.  We have a beautiful farm and home and we have each other.  We are so blessed!  Sometimes, I am bad to look at others and wish I had their house or car, etc.... but I am overly and abundantly blessed.  I have been given so much by God and I am so grateful.

We had a great end of the day.  After my meeting, I went across the street to Krispy Kreme!  Had a coupon for buy one dozen, get one free!  Yay!  Gave 1 dozen to my little brother.  Everyone was happy!  Ended up a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment