Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goals for 2011

I have several goals I want to accomplish this year.  One of my goals is to be healthier.  Eat healthier and exercise more.  My big thing with getting healthier is trying to give up soft drinks!  Yikes!  I think nothing is better than a cold fountain pepsi.  I said I was going to start on January 1st but so far I am not doing too well.  I did quit a few years ago but I fell off the wagon when I realized the bad headaches I was getting was from caffeine withdrawals.  I don't drink coffee so soft drinks are my pick me up during the day.  This time instead of going cold turkey, I am going to gradually take myself off of them to eliminate the awful headaches.  This week though, I am not doing well at all with being healthy.  I have a nasty sinus infection.  Fortunately my allergist called me in some antibiotics to get me feeling better.  I know I look bad when I walk in from work yesterday and Michael's face is in shock.  I look like Rudolph because my nose is so red.  I told E I felt I had been run over by a bus and in her sweet way she informed me I also look like I was run over.  Gotta say something about her honesty!

My major goal for this year is to grow closer to the Lord.  I have taken my relationship with Him for granted at times and have not given him all parts of my life.  I am a control freak and like to be in control of everything.  Drives Michael crazy!!!  I am going to spend more time with God and give Him the control of my life.  I mess things up all the time but I know if He is in control, things will go alot smoother.  Life may not be any easier but the peace inside of me that only He can provide will make it easier.  I plan to do devotions with my children more and to pray with them more.  I plan to pray for my husband more.  He needs my prayers lifted up to the Father for him to be the leader of our home that God wants him to be.  I plan to dig into His Word more and pray that others will be able to see His love in me.

Another goal for me is to be a better mom.  I want to have more fun with my kids and not be so concerned all the time with the house being clean and laundry done.  Those are things that need to be done and believe me it drives me crazy when my house isn't in order.  I just don't want my kids growing up and their memories of me are me being so uptight about a clean house.  I want them to remember fun memories of things we did or places we went  and most of all memories of how I showed them the love of the Father and always guided them to Him throughout times in their lives.  I know I will fail but I pray with God's guidance He will equip me to be the mother He wants me to be.

Of course there are other goals like financial goals that we are aiming for this year but the above are my main goals.  Hope you all have a Happy Blessed New Year!

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful goals. I too have given up soft drinks and now drink them sparingly. I found keeping ice water around and drinking on it all during the day, keeps me from getting thristy and thus not yearning for a soft drink. Nothing like a fountain drink. Beautiful picture of you two.

    ReplyDelete