Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hold Them Close...

I have been a little emotional the last several days.  I don't know any of these people personally but I grieve for them.  There have been people that I know that personally know these people and so I guess I see their hurt and hurt for them.  A week and a  half ago, a little 4 year old in our area fell over at daycare from an aneurism(not sure how to spell) or blood clot in his brain. He died the next day.  It was sudden and unexpected. One of my friends sons is in the same daycare.  Then on Sunday, a young man in our area fell over dead from a heart condition leaving behind an 8 year old and 4 year old.  This man is a member of the church that M's teacher is the pastors wife of.  I didn't know till today that very same man also sat beside of my brother everyday at work.  Small world.  But this has truly made me re-examine by life.  Do I show love to my children like I should?  Do I tell everyone what they mean to me?  I think we are so busy trying to get from Point A to Point B all the time and in a rush that we sometimes miss the mark.  Maybe it is just me but I take my family and friends for granted at times.  You never know what may happen but we need to live every moment like it could be our last.  I know this isn't a subject people like to talk about but it is reality.  I know that I will hold on a little longer and a little tighter and make sure every moment counts.  I want to make sure that everyone in my life knows that they are important to me.  During this month of Thanksgiving, we should all look at our lives and realize how blessed we are.  It isn't the things in our lives but the people in our lives!  Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment